Saturday 24 March 2012

Luckily, I actually remembered to wear some clothes......

Some of my first public outings as Tanya was to my regular waxing session.  I think it was where I built up most of my confidence to express the femme side and learn to develop the blending into public sphere.  The girls in the salon have been fantastic and very complimentary.  I guess it's because I've given them quite a lot of business over the past few years!

Due to times when I CBA'd (couldn't be arsed!) or didn't have the time to dress, it has been quite a few months since Tanya turned up at the salon.  So on Wednesday as I had the time and still had resemblances of a T-mindset, I made the effort, spend loads of time getting the hair right (although only took 10mins longer than normal) and went as Tanya.  The great thing is I don't get treated any different.  Although more time does seem to get taken on the eyebrows as her though.... :-)  All went well.  We both had to get used to the new waxes and waxing station (was a bit too hot at times) and we had a good chat.  After finishing, I just tidied up the makeup (after shoving my face into the pillow for the back and neck wax) and was just about to leave when I remembered about my spectacles.  They were still on the couch.  Ah, well!

The original plan post-waxing was to pay a visit to Lakeside, but as my order from Next had arrived early and I was wearing the ordered dress and that it was now 8pm, I decided not to bother and have a wander around the clothes section of the big Tescos nearby.  The traffic was horrendous due to the ongoing roadworks (needed for the Olympics, but I doubt if they'll be finished by then) so I decided to divert and pop over to my local Sainsbugs, get some fuel for the weekend and check out the new Gok range.

Fuel first.  Filled up.  New dress is very nice but slightly short for this chilled temperature.  Went to pay and somehow got a bit flustered digging out the purse.  Once the financial electrons were on their way, I sorted myself out and walked back to the car.  Only then did I find that I could not locate my car keys.  Came back to the cashier and had to ask her if she'd seen my keys. Strangely they had found their way behind a Sport Relief charity box.  How the hell they wandered around there, heaven knows.

Back in the car, around to the shop.  A thought occurs to me.  How much is in Tanya's account? Checked the cashpoint, ¬£50 overdrawn.  Oops.  No shopping for me then.  Even if I had a wander around, I'd be too tempted to spend something!

OK, back home it is.  Driving through a small village, I see two runners coming the other was, crossing a junction on the left.  However, just as I near them, they realise they are on the wrong side of the safety fence and run into the road.  My motorcycle riding sixth sense working alongside the road running experience had cut in, so I had already compensated for their faux-pas.  It was only when I made the manoeuvre, I noticed that both the running girls were club mates of mine and I know them both very well.  So the obvious consideration occurred to me.  What if an accident had happened and one of them sustained an injury?  Now, I am very aware of the 'risks' I undertake when going out in my local area as Tanya, and I am comfortable with myself that if I met a friend who knows 'him' but is not aware of her, I can confidently deal with the consequences.  However, if I had hit one of the girls (the fault factor doesn't come into this), then news of how I would be presented at the incident would be rippling through not just the running club. but at the gym, work, my employers and other friends.  Just because of the series of connections.

If it happens, it happens.  I am not going to worry or be paranoid about it.  There's far bigger things in life to worry about at the moment.

So, the moral.  Sometimes, I'm just to dangerous to be let into public!!

No comments:

Post a Comment